“Understanding the structure and dynamics of GPCRs by applying an integrated computational approach.”
Institutional Email: email@example.com
Personal Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ciência Vitae: https://www.cienciavitae.pt//pt/5D1C-C0C2-747A
Computational chemistry; structural biology; bioinformatics; molecular modeling; structure prediction; homology modeling; molecular docking; protein-protein interactions; protein-ligand interactions; molecular dynamic simulations; binding free energy calculations.
Total citations: 47
Total Publication: 4
- Original: 1
- Review: 1
- Chapter: 2
- Conference Proceedings: 0
- Jan 2012 – Jun 2018: PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences – Pharmaceutical Chemistry Specialty. Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Coimbra, Portugal.
- Sep 2006 – Jul 2011: MSc in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Coimbra, Portugal.
RESEARCH EXPERIENCE / POSITIONS
- Apr 2019 – Present: Postdoctoral Researcher, under the project “Membrane proteins – development of new computational approaches and its application to G-protein Coupled Receptors” at Center for Nuclear Sciences and Technologies, Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon University, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Mar 2017 – Mar 2019: Research Scientist at Chem4Pharma, LDA.
R&D PROJECTS [A.K.A. PEER-REVIEWED RESEARCH GRANTS]
- “Membrane proteins – development of new computational approaches and its application to G-protein Coupled Receptors”. Agency: FCT. Role: Team Member
- Drugs2CAD (2016-2019), CENTRO-01-0247-FEDER-003269. Role: Team Member.
INDIVIDUAL AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIPS
Jan 2012 – Dec 2015: FCT Individual PhD Fellowship (SFRH/BD/80975/2011) – To support the PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences – Pharmaceutical Chemistry Specialty at University of Coimbra.
2010 – Award for the best students of 2009/2010, University of Coimbra. Reserved to students ranked in the top 3% of the University of Coimbra.
INVITED PEDAGOGIC ACTIVITIES / LECTURES
Feb 2019: Lecture in “Computer-aided drug design: a tool for discovery new drugs – Protein engineering and drug development: From concepts to applications”: PhD in Experimental Biology and Biomedicine, UC-Biotech, Cantanhede.
Mar 2019: Tutorial classes: Integrated Master in Pharmaceutical Sciences – Pharmaceutical ChemistryII, University of Coimbra, Portugal.
Set 2019 – present: co-supervision of PhD thesis on “Modulating the circadian rhythm through nuclear receptors ligands. A rational drug discovery approach” in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Coimbra.
JURY IN ACADEMIC DEGREES
Jan 2019 – Member (and arguer) of the Master of Science Dissertation on “Design of a Multitarget Strategy for Proteasome and HDAC Inhibition” in Pharmaceutical and Therapeutic Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Lisbon
July 2017 – Member (and arguer) of the Master of Science Dissertation on “Resistência aos Inibidores do Proteassoma: uma estratégia in silico” in Pharmaceutical and Therapeutic Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Lisbon
MEMBERSHIPS, COUNCILS AND COMISSIONS
May 2015-Present: Co-founder member of Chem4Pharma, LDA, Coimbra, Portugal.