Structural biology and molecular dynamics, on par with NMR and computational biology are Nícia’s passions.
Data-science; computer science; mutagenesis; Computational chemistry; structural biology; bioinformatics; molecular modelling; NS1 protein interactions; NS1 protein dynamics; NS1 protein structure; molecular docking; computational mutagenesis; structure prediction; homology modeling; molecular dynamic simulations; binding free energy calculations; NMR.
- Sep 2014 – Dec 2016: MSc in Analytical, Clinical and Forensic Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Oporto, Portugal.
- Sep 2011 – Jun 2014: Grad. Diploma in Forensic and Criminal Sciences, Health Sciences Superior Institute – North Branch, Oporto, Portugal.
PENDING ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Jun 2017 – present: PhD in Chemistry – Biological Chemistry Branch, Faculty of Sciences and Technology, University of Coimbra, Portugal.
R&D PROJECTS [A.K.A. PEER-REVIEWED RESEARCH GRANTS]
- “Membrane proteins – development of new computational approaches and its application to G-protein Coupled Receptors” (PTDC/QUI-OUT/32243/2017). Agency: FCT. Role: Investigator
- “Deep learning in cancer drug discovery: a pipeline for the generation of new therapies” (PTDC/CCI-BIO/31356/2017). Agency: FCT. Role: Investigator
- “Novel antivirals against Influenza: NS1 target validation and lead discovery” (PTDC/QUI-OUT/32572/2017). Agency: FCT. Role:
INDIVIDUAL AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIPS
- Jun 2017 – Present: FCT Individual PhD Fellowship (PD/BD/135179/2017); To support the PhD in Chemistry – Biological Chemistry Branch.
- Dec 2014 – Best Student of the Bsc in Forensic and Criminal Sciences – awarded to the student with the best final classification.
- Sep 2014 – Jul 2015: Co-supervisor of a bachelor’s dissertation “Differential analysis by sex and age in hair: sample preparation towards biomarkers discovery”
MEMBERSHIPS, COUNCILS AND COMISSIONS
- Jan 2015 – Founding associate of the Portuguese Association of Forensic Sciences