“I am highly interested in application computational tools to understand the structure and dynamics of GPCRs.”
Institutional Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Email: email@example.com
Ciência Vitae: https://www.cienciavitae.pt//pt/8712-93FE-685B
GPCR/G-protein interactions; GPCR/Arrestin interactions; GPCR-ligand interactions; molecular modeling; molecular docking; molecular dynamic simulations.
Total citations: 10
Total Publication: 6
- Original: 1
- Review: 2
- Chapter: 1
- Conference Proceedings: 2
- Sep 2016 – Sep 2018: M.Sc. in Cellular and Molecular Biology. Life Sciences Department, University of Coimbra, Portugal.
- Sep 2013 – Jun 2016: BSc in Biomedical Sciences. Medical Science Department, University of Aveiro, Portugal.
PENDING ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Oct 2019 – present: PhD in Experimental Biology and Biomedicine. Institute for Interdisciplinary Research, University of Coimbra, Portugal.
RESEARCH EXPERIENCE / POSITIONS
- Jan 2019 – Oct 2019: Research Fellowship, under the project “Membrane proteins – development of new computational approaches and its application to G-protein Coupled Receptors” at Data-Driven Molecular Design Group. Centre for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Coimbra, Portugal.
- Apr 2018 – May 2018: Internship at Alexandre Bonvin’s group. Bijvoet Center for Biomolecular Research, Utrecht University, Netherlands. (funding from HPC-Europa3 Transnational Access programme)
R&D PROJECTS [A.K.A. PEER-REVIEWED RESEARCH GRANTS]
- “Membrane proteins – development of new computational approaches and its application to G-protein Coupled Receptors”. Ref: PTDC/QUI-OUT/32243/2017. Agency: FCT. Role: Team Member
PEER-REVIEWED RESEARCH ALLOCATIONS
- 2018: “Structural and dynamic studies on Dopamine-2 Receptor binding selectivity towards G-proteins and Arrestins: a metadynamics approach” – INFRAIA-2016-1-730897. Budget: 50.000 CPU hours; Agency: SurfSARA, The Netherlands (through HPC-Europa3 Programme fellowship); Role: Team member
INDIVIDUAL AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIPS
Nov 2019 – Present: FCT Individual PhD Fellowship; To support the PhD in Experimental Biology and Biomedicine at University of Coimbra.
Apr 2018 – May 2018: HPC-Europa3 Transnational Access programme fellowship to support internship at Alexandre Bonvin’s group. Bijvoet Center for Biomolecular Research, Utrecht University, Netherlands.
INVITED PEDAGOGIC ACTIVITIES / LECTURES
Sep 2019: Project Tutoring during 2019 Summer School in Computational Biology. University of Coimbra, Portugal.
Feb 2019: Lecture in “Applying Computational Tools to the Study of GPCRs Structures and Dynamics”: PhD in Experimental Biology and Biomedicine,
Institute for Interdisciplinary Research, University of Coimbra, Portugal.
ORGANIZATION OF SCIENTIFIC MEETINGS
2017: Organizing committee of EJIBCE – “Encounter of Young investigators in Computational and Structural Biology”, Portugal.