“I aim to attain a deep understanding of structure and dynamics of relevant systems in cancer and neurological functioning. For these purposes, I employ the most recent and relevant tools and approaches (from modeling to deep learning) in a multidisciplinary environment.”
Institutional Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Email: email@example.com
Ciência Vitae: https://www.cienciavitae.pt/581B-E51E-CC83
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=s0YHYZcAAAAJ&hl=en
Data Science; Structural and Computational Biology; Machine Learning; Deep Learning; Protein Structure Prediction; Protein-Protein Interactions; Drug Design; Coevolution features; G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs).
PUBLICATION STATISTICS [Google Schoolar – at 28 April 2020]
Total citations: 89
Total Publications: 16
2017: Master’s Degree in Biochemistry, Science Faculty, Coimbra University, Portugal.Supervisor: Irina Moreira (Portugal).
2015: Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry, Science Faculty, Coimbra University, Portugal.Supervisor: Joel Arrais (Portugal).
2018: Bachelor’s Degree in Philosophy
PENDING ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
Sep 2018 – Sep 2022 [expected]: PhD in Experimental Biology and Biomedicine, Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Coimbra, Portugal.
RESEARCH EXPERIENCE / POSITIONS
- 2017-2019: research fellow of the Data Driven Molecular Design Lab at Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology (CNC), University of Coimbra, Portugal; position awarded under the “BrainHealth” Project 2020.
- 2019-present: FCT funded PhD student of the Data Driven Molecular Design Lab at Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology (CNC), University of Coimbra, Portugal; position awarded under the “BrainHealth” Project 2020.
· PEER-REVIEWED RESEARCH GRANTS
- 2018-2021: Deep learning in cancer drug discovery: a pipeline for the generation of new therapies; FCT- POCI-01-0145-FEDER-031356; Researcher;
- 2018-2021: Membrane proteins – development of new computational approaches and its application to G-Protein Coupled Receptors; FCT – PTDC/QUI-OUT/32243/2017.
International Events (Poster): 7
International Events (Oral): 1
National Event (Poster): 0
National Event (Oral): 0
- 2017-2018: Projeto BrainHealth 2020 – Detecção Precoce, Neuro-Modulação e Terapias Avançadas para Neuropatologias (CENTRO-01-0145-FEDER-000008)(BIM 4.5);
- 2018-2019: Deep learning in cancer drug discovery: a pipeline for the generation of new therapies, CPF1093A01 – POCI-01-0145-FEDER-031356;
- 2019-2023: FCT Funded PhD Scholarship (SFRH/BD/144966/2019).
AWARDS AND HONORS
- 2019: FCT funded scholarship (SFRH/BD/144966/2019);
- 2018: 3% Best Student Award, MSc in Biochemistry;
- 2018: Researcher grant: BIM POCI-01-0145-FEDER-031356;
- 2017: Research grant: BrainHealth 2020 Research Scholarship;
- 2013: 3% Best Student Award, BSc in Philosophy.
PEDAGOGIC ACTIVITIES / LECTURES
Dec 2019 – Present: Guest lecturer of the Ph.D. Degree in Experimental Biology and Biomedicine (Advanced Course in Computational Biology; Course in Advanced Therapies), CNC, University of Coimbra, Portugal. Subjects Taught: Bioinformatics; Machine Learning.
2018: Participated in an open day for the Master’s Degree in “Biologia Celular e Molecular” to showcase the research group recent studies.
2017-2018: Tutorial/practical classes: Introduction to Biochemistry Laborathories II and Cell Biology and Physiology Laborathories.
2018 – 2020: Founding member of JEST-Junior Enterprise for Science and Technology.
2017-2020: Supervision of Undergraduate and Master Student at the Data-Driven Molecular Design.
2018 and 2019: Practical instructor at the Computational Biology Summer School, Coimbra.
SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE/ORGANIZATION OF SCIENTIFIC MEETINGS
- 2017-present: organisation member of “EJIBCE – Encontro de Jovens Investigadores de Biologia Computacional Estrutural”, 3 editions.
- 2017: Lead organiser of “MYD – Mind Your Data”, first edition.
- 2016: Lead organiser of the National Biochemistry Students Meeting.
MEMBERSHIPS, COUNCILS AND COMISSIONS
- 2019-present: President of Table at “ANBIOQ – Associação Nacional de Bioquímicos”.