“Agostinho strongly believes that merging computational chemistry, medicinal chemistry, and biology is the key for the acceleration and optimization in the discovery of novel drug candidates for existing and emerging diseases”
Personal Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
GPCR/G-protein interactions; GPCR/Arrestin interactions; protein-protein interactions; protein-ligand interactions; molecular docking; structure prediction; homology modeling; molecular dynamic simulations; binding free energy calculations; medicinal chemistry, organic chemistry, radiopharmaceutical chemistry
PUBLICATION STATISTICS [Google Schoolar – at 23 January 2019]
Total citations: 81
Total Publication: 11
- Original: 5
- Review: 5
- Chapter: 1
- Conference Proceedings: 0
- Sep 2013 – Sep 2015:Sc. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry. Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Porto, Portugal.
- Sep 2010 – Jul 2013:Sc. in Biochemistry. Faculty of Sciences, University of Porto, Portugal.
PENDING ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Oct 2016 – May 2020 (due date): PhD in Chemical Sciences. Faculty of Sciences, University of Liège, Belgium.
RESEARCH EXPERIENCE / POSITIONS
- Oct 2016 – May 2020 (due date): Early Stage Researcher as part of the ISOTOPICS project, which has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Sklodowska-Curie grant agreement N°675071. Laboratory/Department: GIGA Cyclotron Research Centre In Vivo Imaging, University of Liège (Liège, Belgium)
- Mar 2019 – May 2019: Visiting Researcher as part of the ISOTOPICS project. Laboratory/Department: Global Chemistry, UCB NewMedicines, UCB Biopharma SPRL (Braine-l’Alleud, Belgium)
- May 2016 – Sep 2016:Research fellow at REQUIMTE/LAQV under the scope of the project entitled Studies of Protein Interfaces – reference UID/QUI/50006/2013 Laboratory/Department: Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Faculty of Sciences, University of Porto (Porto, Portugal)
- Sep 2014 – Sep 2015: Research intern performed under the scope of Sc. degree. Laboratory/Department: Laboratory of Organic and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Porto (Porto, Portugal)
- Mar 2013 – Jul 2013: Research intern performed under the scope of Sc. degree. Laboratory/Department: Laboratory of Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Porto (Porto, Portugal)